BARCLAY WATER MANAGEMENT, INC. was founded in 1932 and is the oldest and largest employee-owned water treatment organization in North America. We manufacture a wide range of specialty treatments for controlling water chemistry in heating, cooling, process, and power generating systems. We are currently looking for an Public Water System Coordinator to work with our Environmental Group (EG) located in Newton, MA. Barclay’s Environmental Group was established to enable clients to minimize the risks associated with Legionella bacteria and other waterborne pathogens in their facilities. Most diagnosed cases of Legionnaires’ disease have been linked to building water systems. This role will be responsible for maintaining Public Water System regulatory requirements, while helping to ensure that Barclay remains compliant with registering and renewing biocides and associated licenses.
• Aid in Public Water System approval process which requires project management skills, attention to detail, and teamwork
• Supports compliance monitoring which requires getting quotes from vendors, scheduling courier pick-ups, shipping bottles, and creating training materials
• Enter and analyze lab and field data, and create formal reports
• Obtain drinking water operator license
• Provide support through phone, email, video, as well as frequent field days, focusing on Public Water System compliance
• Attend training on Public Water System topics through webinars or at professional conferences
• Contribute to a positive interdepartmental working relationship between EG in-house staff and other Barclay departments
• B.A or B.S. in Science or Engineering (biology, environmental studies, or chemistry) is strongly recommended. Transcripts are required if the B.A. or B.S. is in another field.
• 1-2 years experience preferred using Microsoft Office in a professional setting
• Excellent communication and organizational skills through phone, email, video, and in-person
• Attention to detail, time management, and the ability to meet deadlines is required
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Qualified Public Water System Coordinator candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter.
An Employee-Owned Company